Several Southern Illinois Chambers of Commerce have joined together to do what they do best – support local businesses this holiday season, but we need your help by Shopping Southern Illinois.
1. Local business owners are your neighbors, your friends and family. They attend our churches and support local charities. Their children and grandchildren attend our schools and support our local athletes and teams.
2. Local business owners hire locally. Their taxes help support essential services such as improving our roads and infrastructure, fire and police departments, schools other civic endeavors.
3. Local business owners and their employees provide superior personal service and build relationships with their customers.
4. Local business owners spend their money locally, supporting the growth of the local economy.
5. Local businesses help make our towns and villages unique and vibrant, which in turn attracts more visitors and new residents and more businesses, helping our communities thrive and grow
6. Local businesses offer a wide variety of products and services at affordable prices without additional fees or travel and transport costs. They’re convenient, offering the goods that shoppers are looking for close by.